Saturday 13 September 2014

Holland Village XO Fish Head Bee Hoon (荷兰村xo鱼头米粉) - 19A Dover Crescent #01-05



Holland Village XO Fish Head Been Hoon at Blk 46 Holland Drive has shifted to Blk 19A Dover Crescent. I managed to find back this stall through online food reviews. 

We were quite lucky today,there was no queue at this stall even though today is Sunday. 

There was a uncle sitting in front of a counter taking order and collecting payment. I guessed he should be the boss but his behaviour was quite arrogant and rude. I really don't like his attitude when he react impatiently to answer my questions. I was trying to get a menu from him and he reply rudely that all the dishes were listed on the signage and his stall only has 10 dishes.  

Even though customer service received from this stall was really poor, but I cannot denied the food served here was tasty. 



Fried Prawn Paste Chicken
Food Rating : 4/5

Fried Prawn Paste Chicken is one of the dish that you must order. Even though chicken appearance looked dried and dull but after eating, you will continue for another piece. Chicken meat marinated with a strong dried prawn paste and well seasoning process that keeping the meat moist even after deep frying.




San Lao Hor Fun at S$6.00
Food Rating: 4/5

Another dish to try will be the San Lao Hor Fun. Fresh ingredients such as the sliced fish and bean sprouts, both play a good combination with the plain noodle. 






XO Fish Head Bee Hoon Soup at S$15.00 (serving for 3 pax)
Food Rating: 4.5/5

The first sip of the soup has attracted me will be the mild XO flavour. 







Beside the tasty flavour of the fish soup, deep fried sliced fish also play a important role to make this dish tasted better. 

However, I still think that even though this stall served a range of good food but attitude also play a important part. I don't think I will patronise this stall again.


In this coffeeshop, located at Blk 19A Dover Crescent, you can also find other food stalls that you may want to try out.






Fried Kway Teow at S$3.00
Food Rating: 3/5

There was a stall in this coffeeshop selling fried kway teow. Noodle tasted good but slightly too watery and soggy to suit my liking.




Wanton Noodle



Beside the Holland Village XO Fish Bee Hoon Soup stall was a stall selling Roasted meat and Chicken rice. I can't believed my eye that the queue was always in snake queue.

Maybe I will try out this stall when I revisit this place again.


Address:
Jumbo Coffee Hub
Blk 19A Dover Crescent #01-05
Singapore



No comments: